Sunday, February 7, 2010

happy super bowl.

It's Super Bowl Sunday, are you ready to watch some commercials?!  Yea me neither.  But anyway, Galactic announced a surprise show at Brooklyn Bowl tonight.  Once the game is over, Galactic will take the stage,  which I know is a good stage since I was there last night for Small Black and Keepaway (more on Keepaway coming this week) (and if you missed that show, my condolences).  Galactic, if you're unfamiliar, is a funk/jam band (not my usual suspects) which has received considerable success throughout the US for years.  The best part is that the show is free if you come before half-time!   Happy watching, maybe I'll see you at Brooklyn Bowl for some beer, football, and Galactic.

Sorry, no tracks for this one but I still love you.

Love,
Jake

P.S. I'd like to take this opportunity to share some disappointing news about Dinowalrus.  Last weekend, friends of mine and I visited the House of Yes in Bushwick.  House of Yes is awesome and thanks to the girls that run it for sharing such an excellent space with all of us.  Anyway, Dinowalrus played and we all thought they were great.  After the show one of my buddies found a partially exposed 7" of theirs on the floor of the venue.  He picked it up, brushed it off and put it in his jacket, excited to hear what the vinyl had in store for him.  As he was leaving the venue he gestured, with the 7", to the guitarist of Dinowalrus who was promoting his vinyl at the front table.  Instead of returning the favor, this guy gets up and starts interrogating my friend about where he had purchased the vinyl, insisting that the price is $5.  After explaining that the vinyl had been rescued from the floor, where it faced certain destruction, my comrade was met with the same response: $5.  Seeking to avoid a confrontation my friend offered to give it back and the guitarist happily accepted. I feel bad for whoever purchases that both emotionally and physically tarnished vinyl.  In review, it appears that Dinowalrus has a giant proverbial stick in their assholes.  Well played boys, well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment