Monday, February 15, 2010

good news, la blogotheque.

Starting this week, you will now be able to find my writing on more than just The Brooklyn Night.  EardrumNYC.com has afforded me the opportunity to display my incite on exciting shows and fresh artists in the blog section of their site.  Eardrum is a relatively new blog, however they are quite thorough in their coverage and have partnered with other sites such as last.fm to provide bios and sound clips of most of the bands that they promote.  EardrumNYC covers shows everywhere from the Market Hotel to Terminal 5 to Cakeshop; no show is too big or small.

I will be writing show previews that can be found in the blog section of the site (linked to on their homepage).  Thanks to everyone who has given me comments and suggestions and everyone else who supported me in the process of writing this blog.  And of course, the fact that I am writing for Eardrum does not mean that I will stop posting here so keep checking in.

In other news, check out this website.  Over the summer my friend Becca showed me 'La Blogotheque,' a French blog site dedicated to indie music (for which you can find a link on the right of this page).  This particular link (La Blogotheque - Les Concerts A Emporter) is to a page with more than a hundred musical videos of hot groups on the indie scene.  It includes videos for Man Man, Bon Iver, The Arcade Fire, The National and so many more.  Some of the videos are professionally produced music videos, the likes of which you might find on Fuse, or MTV if they would ever actually show a music video.  Other videos are of groups reconceiving songs in live and often odd settings; for example, The Arcade Fire performing 'Neon Bible' in an elevator (I have included that video below).  I definitely recommend  you visit the site.


No comments:

Post a Comment