Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh No Ono - Internet Warrior


Absent-minded and wandering through Pitchfork links I stumble on Copenhagen's Oh No Ono. Usually I don't make it to the tracks off the main-page but some fifth-dimensional force compels me. Redirected to the Danish act's myspace page, I'm blasted by a neon-yellow hyperdrive generator surrounding a portrait of seven deep-sea humans. And I still haven't heard a note. Fortunately, the music fits the face. The intro brings me back to the title track of The Strokes debut LP "Is This It"; everything that follows does not. "Internet Warrior," the result of handsomely crafted layers and airy, digitally-enhanced vocals that are ohso in right now, sounds like the song that should have hypnotized Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century had the film been made by Luc Besson (Fifth Element) and not Disney. Too far? That's the point. It's goofy but poignant; aggressive but not pretentious. Oh No Ono will be playing Mercury Lounge on January 27th and Union Hall on January 28th.

- Mike D

Oh No Ono's video for "Swim"

1 comment:

  1. love this video AND feel super creepy for loving this video.

    ...thanks?

    ReplyDelete