Friday, April 23, 2010

karl denson's universe is small.

Those of you who know me personally (that might be all of you) will recall that I spent some time in Miami a few years back. In Miami I attended more than a few funk jams at a number of different venues. Karl Denson's Tiny Universe was hands down the cream of the crop. Denson rips wholes in the time-space continuum with his blasting saxophone while his band knocks off the smoothest and funkiest tunes known to man. I saw them at Tobacco Road in downtown MIA, where they filled the parking lot with dancing bodies. It was a sweaty mess and nobody left unsatisfied.

The reason I bring this up now is because Denson's band of players is going to douse Brooklyn's premier bowling alley in pure dance sauce tonight! Funk is not my forte, however I fully recommend checking this show out if you (a) like funk music, (b) like jam bands, (c) listen to jazz on occassion, or (d) like to dance. If you don't like to dance, then stop reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment